Featured Post

Hello All

Hello all,  How are you guys today? I am good. Just playing some Sims 4. I love creating on the sims 4. It's like my newest add...

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Basil

In Herbology today we are going to learn about Basil!


As per usual I will link Google's response here:

"Basil is a highly fragrant plant whose leaves are used as a seasoning herb for many different types of foods. Basil has become one of the most recognizable herbs ever since pesto, the mixture of basil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, has become popular. Basil has round leaves that are oftentimes pointed."

Again not my info, just something I looked up for research.

I like to use Basil in cooking as it puts in a nice flavor to the food. Especially when you do like a roast with some potatoes and carrots and cabbage. Oh that is so good!



Wikipedia state's:
"Basil, also called great basil, is a culinary herb of the family Lamiaceae. Basil is native to tropical regions from central Africa to Southeast Asia. It is a tender plant, and is used in cuisines worldwide. Wikipedia
Scientific nameOcimum basilicum
RankSpecies
Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 
Calories 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g0%
Saturated fat 0 g0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0%
Sodium 0 mg0%
Potassium 16 mg0%
Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g0%
Dietary fiber 0.1 g0%
Sugar 0 g
Protein 0.2 g0%
Vitamin A5%Vitamin C1%
Calcium0%Iron1%
Vitamin D0%Vitamin B-60%
Cobalamin0%Magnesium0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs."


But really what I think is good are the magical properties to Basil.

Basil has the magical properties of:

  • protection,
  • exorcism,
  • money spells,
  • to improve your job or even to get a new one,
  • beauty spells
  • love spells!
Here is a great page to go look at for more info on Basil https://www.magicalrecipesonline.com/2012/03/basil-magical-properties.html

Now I know I did not do this for Anise (looking up the magical properties and I will just to catch up.)


                           Additional info for Anise:


Anise's magical properties:

Stops misfortunes, increases psychic power, brings back a lost love, increases good luck.

I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment